Among the ten largest industrial companies in Germany, the automobile manufacturers are ahead – calculated according to domestic sales in 2020. The ranking shows who else is in the top 10.
The Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg with 6.5 million square meters of factory premises.
In Germany, industry is the basis for growth, prosperity and employment to a far greater extent than in comparable countries. With high-quality and innovative products, German industry has earned an excellent reputation over the decades – thanks to highly qualified specialists and excellent industrial research and development.
Industry forms the core of German export strength
Industry forms the core of German export strength. In many areas such as the automotive industry, mechanical and plant engineering as well as the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, Germany holds a leading position worldwide. This impressively demonstrates the high esteem that products ‘Made in Germany’ enjoy worldwide.
German companies have industrial competence that is unparalleled anywhere in the world. Four sectors dominate the industry in Germany: automotive, mechanical engineering, chemical and electrical industry. The global players are Volkswagen, Daimler, BMW (all automotive), BASF (chemicals) and Siemens (electric). Mechanical engineering, on the other hand, is characterized by medium-sized companies.
Forward-looking impulses for mechanical and plant engineering
In order to strengthen the innovative power of companies based in Germany, forward-looking impulses must be set. When promoting innovation processes, all lead markets and key technologies relevant to Germany should be taken into account. These include, for example, mechanical and plant engineering, microelectronics, production technology, materials technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology, energy and environmental technology, mobility and logistics, healthcare and medical technology as well as information and communication technology.
Technological change and the constantly increasing exchange of knowledge and information are progressing at an undiminished speed. The production of knowledge and research-intensive goods and services is also strongly influenced by the further development of information and communication technologies. Complex production processes are increasingly becoming digitally controllable .
The 10 largest industrial companies in Germany
- 1st place : Volkswagen AG: The Volkswagen Group based in Wolfsburg is one of the leading automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturers worldwide and the largest automobile producer in Europe.
- 2nd place : Mercedes: The largest German manufacturer of passenger cars and commercial vehicles is Mercedes-Benz AG (formerly Daimler AG).
- 3rd place : BMW: The BMW Group is a premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles with the brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad.
- 4th place : Uniper SE: Uniper’s two main products are gas and electricity for wholesale customers in Europe. Since December 2022, Uniper has been 99.12 percent owned by the German state.
- 5th place : Robert Bosch GmbH: The Bosch Group is an international technology and service company (mobility solutions, industrial technology, consumer goods, energy and building technology).
- 6th place : E.ON SE: The E.ON Group is one of the largest European operators of energy networks and infrastructure and a provider of innovative customer solutions for 50 million customers.
- 7th place : Siemens AG: Siemens is one of the world’s leading companies in the field of electrical engineering and electronics.
- 8th place : BASF SE: The world’s largest chemical company, BASF, researches new enzymes, batteries for mobility, lightweight construction for cars and water treatment, among other things.
- 9th place : Thyssenkrupp AG: Thyssenkrupp is Germany’s largest steel and technology company.
- 10th place : BP Group Germany: The BP Group is a mineral oil and energy company and supplies millions of people with energy every day.
Continue at: https://www.produktion.de/wirtschaft/das-sind-die-10-groessten-industrieunternehmen-in-deutschland-571.html
The text above is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link