Job Description for Plant Manager, Manufacturing
Manufacturing plant managers combine oversight of day-to-day manufacturing operations with “birds-eye” analysis of efficiency and productivity. Manufacturing plant managers also ensure safety policies are enforced stringently and set identifiable goals and objectives for staff. While face-to-face interactions are an essential part of the position, a crucial component of the job is communicating with upper management on trends on plant performance, forecasts for future performances, and other issues.
Plant Manager, Manufacturing Tasks
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of production facility, including maintenance, quality assurance, design, engineering and administration.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities between departments.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
Continue at: https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Plant_Manager%2C_Manufacturing/Salary
The text above is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link