Components of Variation (COV)
• To appreciate the value of a COV, one needs to evaluate one’s reason for doing a Design of Experiment (DOE) and one’s understanding/philosophy for this type of experimental approach.
Design of Experiment
What is the intent or purpose of a DOE?
• What is the real advantage to a DOE?
– Is it the time savings for being able to do more than one factor at a time?
– Is it to understand the ranges of the selected
• The real advantage of a DOE is:
– To be able to learn about factor interactions
• Primarily two‐way and three‐way interactions for most commonly designed studies.
Continue at: http://www.pt-int.com/Update_6.pdf
The text above is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link