The text that follows is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link.
SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is commercial software that will integrate all information altogether in a single software considering various factors like time and cost. Organizations can easily meet their business demands with the help of SAP.
SAP Business Process
SAP MM is known as SAP Material Management system. SAP MM role in business process is as follows:
- A business process in SAP is termed as “Module”.
- SAP Materials Management (MM) is a part of Logistics area and helps to manage the procurement activity of an organization from procurement.
- It supports all aspects of material management (planning, control etc).
- It is the backbone of the Logistics area which incorporates modules like Sales and Distribution, Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, Warehouse Management which are extremely obsessed on Materials Management module.
Features of SAP MM
The features of SAP MM system are as follows:
- SAP MM is one of the modules of SAP that deals with material management and inventory management.
- Material Management process ensures that there is never a shortage of materials or any gaps in the supply chain process of the organization. SAP MM speeds up the procurement and material management activities making the business run smoother with complete time and cost efficiency.
- It deals with managing the materials (products and or services) resources of an organization with the aim of accelerating productivity, reducing costs and increase improve
ment and at a similar time be versatile to accommodate changes in day to day life.
- It deals with the Procurement Process, Master Data (Material & Vendor Master), Account Determination & Valuation of Material, Inventory Management, Invoice Verification, Material Requirement Planning etc.
SAP MM – Screen Navigation
The first step to understand SAP is to have basic knowledge of screens like Login screen, Logout screen and so on. Following screens will describes about the screen navigation and the functionalities of standard tool-bar.
Log on to SAP ERP server. SAP login screen will prompt for User ID and Password. Provide the valid user ID and Password and press enter. The user id and password is provided by system administrator. Following is the login screen:
Standard Tool-bar Icon
SAP screens tool-bar are shown in the following image:
SAP screen tool-bars are briefly described as:
- Menu Bar – Menu bar is the top line of dialog window in the SAP system.
- Standard Toolbar – Standard functions like save, top of page, end of page, page up, page down, print, etc. are available in toolbar.
- Title Bar – Title Bar displays the name of the application/business process you are currently in.
- Application Toolbar – Application specific menu options are available on this toolbar.
- Command Field – To start a business application without navigating through the menu transaction, some logical codes are assigned to the business processes. Transaction codes are entered in the command field to directly start the application.
Standard Exit Keys
Exit keys are used to exit the module or to log off. They are used to go back to the last accessed screen. Following are the standard exit keys used in SAP:
New Session Icon
For creating a new session we use the following keys shown in the below image:
It is a good practice to log off from the SAP system when you finish your work. There are several ways of login off from the system but it can be done using following instructions as shown in image: