The text that follows is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link.
Friday, September 30, 2016
A newly released report shows that 66% of drug development companies are using or plan to use a standard set of Corporate KPIs to measure clinical development performance and evaluate service provider success. This level of adoption is far higher than expected. The most commonly used functional area metrics pertain to Study Operations, Data Management, Quality Management and Internal Processes.
“Research sponsors are under intensifying pressure to run increasingly complex clinical trials with limited resources. Senior leadership is highly motivated to use KPI results to drive process improvement”, said Linda Sullivan co-founder and president at the industry group Metric Champion Consortium, author of the new report. “While advances in technological solutions have improved the ability to track and analyze performance metrics, which KPIs are most predictive of outcomes and how organizations should utilize these results to improve efficiency are topics requiring further exploration.”
Other findings reported in the new MCC KPI Practices Survey Report, include:
- 73% of respondents review KPIs on at least on a quarterly basis
- At least half of respondents use/plan to use 14 of the 40 KPIs listed
- The top three most used KPIs cited by survey respondents:
- Data management KPI % final databases locked on time
- Quality management KPI mean number of protocol amendments after protocol approval, and
- Study operations KPI % studies completing enrollment on time.
- Nearly half of respondents use end-of-year KPI results to establish annual goals within the organization.
- 55% of respondents establish performance improvement plans based on KPI results
About the Metrics Champion Consortium
MCC—a trusted partner in the clinical trials industry—identifies what to measure, how to assess the critical components of what is changing and how the industry is responding to address the changes to make improvements. MCC continually brings you new insights into the leading trends within the industry.
For more information about MCC publications, metric sets & tools, metric education programs and how you can participate in future surveys and MCC work groups, please visit http://www.metricschampion.org
Metrics Champion Consortium
Linda B. Sullivan
317.622.0266 ext 102